Sunday, April 18, 2021

Things about Arta -- Number 24: Hopping Around Globe With Mary

 October 2011 Mary joined Arta, Greg and I for a cruise from Barcelona to Venice and back. I have been looking through my photos and they are all mixed up but here are a few.

We spent a lot of our time riding the water taxi/bus. We could ride for a long time for a little money.
Bridges and more bridges and water everywhere.
You can see a water taxi in the distance. 
The Rialto bridge had many little kiosks on the sides of it. 
There were narrow waterways everywhere.
Finally a photo of the three of us examining the gelato.

3 comments:

  1. I also had my first gelato ever in venice. I was a bit shocked at how small a portion they served (having grown up in a family where icecream was always served in a soup bowl! hahah). Surprised also by the amazing intensity of flavour! It is where i learned that gelato is not just the italian word for 'icecream' (it is rather a frozen delicacy of an entirely different order)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first day in Venice Arta and I may have had gelato 3 times. I had pistachio every time. I was obsessed with it. Whenever I have had a friend tell me they were traveling to Italy, I tell them, you can never have gelato too many times in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyona, do you remember in Venice we went to that church where they had an art installation that was supposed to represent the holy spirit? The installation made a tornado of air spiral up a tall part of the church and it would release smoke that would spiral up the tornado and disappear. I found it so cool.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.