Saturday, April 24, 2021

We Love Travelling with Arta: No-36

 Arta, Greg and I were busy in 2011 taking as many cruises as we could out of South Hampton because that is the year Rebecca and family lived in London. We had a great place to stay before and after our cruises, one which was an 18 day Mediterranean cruise to Istanbul and back. 

La Rambla is a tree-lined street in central Barcelona stretching for 1.2 km. Our hotel was on La Rambla and we were happy to have a small balcony which we could stand on to take photos and watch people out walking.
La Rambla again from the other side.
And some of my photos are mixed up. Why did Audra make me lay in her chair.
Greg and Arta are out walking in Corfu Greece. I am following them with my camera.

Arta and Wyona are posing as best we can behind a white rock.
Istanbul here we are. We walk the sidewalks which we share with the pigeons.
If you look carefully you can see Arta and I looking up at scarves here in Istanbul at the Grand Bazaar. The Grand Bazaar was built in the 15th century and is the oldest covered market in the world, covering an area of 54,600 sq. meters. It has 56 interconnecting vaulted passages housing over 4000 shops. Make sure to buy a scarf and tie yourself to your companion or you will not find each other again or know your own way back to the hotel.


2 comments:

  1. Every scarf needs an owner and a place to be tied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember meeting you and Arta and Greg at our hotel on La Rambla in Barcelona for one night's stay before we borded our cruise. What a fun street it is. I was in Barcelona for a day after you all departed after the cruise and I remember walking along that street again, enjoying all the buskers. I'm pretty sure Arta and I were walking down la rambla at one point and witnessed someone trying to pick pocket others. They were experts at their jobs as the unwitting pedestrians didn't even notice hands going in and out of pockets.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.