Tuesday, April 20, 2021

80 Things We Love About Arta: No.34: Cruising to the Canary Islands

And here we are in Vigo Spain. It was a port that we could just walk off the ship and do our own touring.


We had a very unique balcony room because we could watch see what was happening on the bridge.


It looks to me like Arta and Moiya just got out of bed to watch the sail in.


On the waterfront we came upon this state of El Banista del Arenal.


We just had fun with the statue.


And then we came upon a statue of Jules Vern, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. 




I got to climb the statue and adore him. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey Wyona, it is years later and we are still wearing the same clothes! We know how to make those clothes last and last. Now that was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Vigo, Spain. I hadn't even heard of the city until I read your post. I have heard Joaquim speak of the Autonomous Community of Galecia. I hope I get to travel there some day. I almost made it to Portugal with Rebecca, but a train strike struck that country off our itinery.

    It's really fun seeing the photos of you travellers with different statues. I like the playful smiles on your faces and the careful study you make of the work done by those who conceptualized the art and did the labour.

    I did read Jules Verne's book this last year. Joaquim checks out books from the community college, books that are in the syllabi of college classes. If I can tear myself away from my phone/screen, I can a lot of reading done.

    I will be thinking of this travel post on my walk on the beach at Annis Bay. David is in preventative quarantine this week since he has been designated as a close contact of a known Covid case in his school. I will try to walk as far as he usually does. I wonder if he is now the age Alex was on this trip. Were you 15 here Alex?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.