Friday, April 23, 2021

From Arta: Happy Birthday to Deb Curran

Its Deb Curran's birthday today.  On her birthday she delivers gifts to others she loves or is thinking of -- to others who are in her sphere of infuence.

Rebecca was such a person today. Mary and I are lucky eough this year to have been in that sphere of influence. 

Deb's politics are part of her practice.  And the gift she gave to other involved a gift that neither takes from nor gives to the world in ways that damage the world.  And so we got to enjoy locally grown flowers.

For me part of the beauty is that I can enjoy the beauty of the flower vase over and over again.  I have been struck by the colours that have resounded back and forth as I have shared the amazement that belongs to everyone when we celebrate our birthdays or our unbirthdays.


 

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful shades of pink in those flowers. They look like Gerber daisies to me. Funny to imagine them growing in a garden. I have only seen them in flower shops, I think. I love the weight of their petals. Happy birthday Deb Curran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful arrangement. So colorful and none of the flowers are squished or hiding behind another.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.