Sunday, April 18, 2021

80 Things We Love About Arta: Number: 28 Arta's first cruise

 Arta phoned me in May of 2011 to tell me that Rebecca was going to London to find a place to live for the following year. Arta and I felt so sorry that Rebecca had to go to London alone that we sacrificed and went with her. But Rebecca had only one week to stay there and we needed to stay longer. Our needs are quite high sometimes. So I found 4 cruises that I thought Arta might like and let her choose. One of the cruises was a Baltic cruise spending 3 days in Russia. Arta loved the idea of going to Russia so I booked an inside room, the cheapest I could find. We left from Harwich England which is a 2 hr. train ride from London. When I left to go with Arta Greg informed me that he wanted to go on that cruise so I would have to go again. Fine!

I don't know what Arta is examining but it is at the back of the ship where the restaurant is on the Jewel of the Seas, Royal Carribbean.
This was Arta's first time trying ice cream from the ice cream machine. She loves chocolate! Looks like something other than ice cream but the chocolate and whip cream give it away.
Here we are leaving Harwich. The sunsets are always so beautiful. I booked this cruise about four weeks before we took it. Arta and I each paid $980.00 for the cruise. The cruise has never been that cheap since. I think we just got a last minute deal. We spent a lot of time watching the archipelago from the outside walk around deck.
Here we are in Copenhagen where Arta is busy with her camera.

Arta is now taking a photo of the Copenhagen riverside, so charming.
What are all the folks examining? I think it is beach where the "Little Mermaid" statue is sitting on a rock in the sea. Looks to me like Arta is going to climb a rock to get a better photo.
We were in a square in Copenhagen and the changing of the guard was going on. We were happy to see it.

And here she is, 'The Little Mermaid' herself. 

1 comment:

  1. Adding Copenhagen to my list of places to visit Wyona. Great pictures and wonderful memories shared. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.