Saturday, April 24, 2021

Bananagrams with Breakfast at the Lake


Betty is an early riser. She is usually awake at least 1 hour before her brother Michael and her sister Alice. 

On the days that I'm also an early riser, she likes to catch me for an early morning table top game one-on-one. 


Usually we play Uno. Occasionally we play Guacamole. Today she brought me a game that has scrabble-like tiles stores in a cloth bag shaped like a banana. 


We didn't have any rules, so we just began to make words with 7 letters each. We decided we could trade with each other if we saw a letter we needed in the other person's pile. 


Can you believe that in our first round we worked together and Betty found all the letters for her name? That was a fun stroke of luck. Soon we were joined by her siblings. We were running out of letters so we found a way to get more names in using a crossword-like pattern. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the crossword pattern. A good way to do learning activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bananagrams more than bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this post Bonnie. Your writing and your photos capture so much. I wish I had been there searching through letters with you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw Michael making his own crossword of names of birds. Can you see two bird names spelt in the table in the close up of him?

      Delete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.