Saturday, April 17, 2021

Coffee Break at the Lake II

Our coffee break today came much later in the day than the last one we blogged about. It was more of a lunch break. Prior to that, I had had a late sleep in. 

When I woke, Michael, Betty, and Alice were playing out on the lawn.   Michael took his writing book outside since he had some thoughts he wanted to capture. Alice and Betty were enjoying a new set of bubble wanda from their mom.

Miranda, Bonnie, Naomi, and Rhiannon hung out in the living room listening to an interview with Krista Tippet on YouTube. It was a lovely quiet time indoors. We were lounging on the leather couches and red recliner. Some were knitting. Some were simultaneously connecting the online community of family and friends. There were even some attempts to replicate the kind of hugs Mary gives.

When hunger and thirst pressed us into action, I enlisted Michael, Betty, and Alice to assist me in the kitchen. I told them we would be having Leftovers Lunch. Of course, first we needed a snack. We got the brownies in the oven, and the lemonade made and drank it up before we began to make our lunch.

Licking off brownie equipment was an important break during out break.

Some took to practice using a rubber spatula to find lumps of batter missed between mixer and cooking pan.

Another pressed the spatula so close to their face they acquired the look of facial hair.

Can you imagine the batter being so delicious that even the paper towel the cooking utensils were resting on invited consideration prior to the smell of the almost finished brownies permeating the room.













Dgc


4 comments:

  1. Lick every bit. I bought a strawberry/rhubarb pie at Costco yesterday. I went with Zoe so she could push the cart and I rode an electric cart since my foot was giving me trouble. Today I had a piece of pie with ice cream and I found myself licking the plate. I came close to taking a selfie to send to Arta. I refrained.
    Mother used to let us lick the spoons etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think of keeping a spoon hidden in my room to sneak off to the freezer for a big scoop of icecream before going to bed! All hail the spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Arta: today I asked Mary to make brownies that are more like cake and less like fudge. I like brownies that are cooked all the way through. Loved the photos of you licking up the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Arta: concerning strawberry rhubarb pie. Some people like it covered with whipping creme. Some people like it covered with 33% cream. I like it covered with cream from the farmer's separator. You can't buy that in the store. Some people like it covered with vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.