Saturday, April 3, 2021

Skunked


I like playing games. I like playing them even when I lose. Well, most of the time I like them even when I lose. But sometimes I get grumpy if I lose too many times I  a row.

I got a good laugh today, though. Zoe and I were playing crib, catching some quiet time in the cabin formerly known as the noisy cabin. Others were outside burning  old slash. 

I knew Zoe was quite a ways ahead of me, but I hadn't been watching carefully. I was shuffling, lost in my own thoughts when she enquired, "do you smell something  funny." 

I replied, "Maybe the smell is from the burn pile. I don't smell anything, maybe because I am wearing a mask." 

She giggled."

You've been skunked," she informed me.

How could I possibly resent losing when she was so funny about it. Yes, she skunked me at crib today. Tomorrow I will try again to best her.

What a great location to play a card game. At grandpa Doral's old table. I could almost hear him laughing.




















































Here's a photo of Zoe holding up the crib board, proof of her prowess.

8 comments:

  1. That was a huge pile and I am impressed that you burned it in one day. As as 7, I hate missing a good time but on the other hand, I hope you had some great conversations around the fire. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were skunked Bonnie. Zoe is a fierce competitor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome joke from Zoe! I love all these photos. I am sure there are many stories in each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe is such a CARD! Her and I responded positively about something while Tim’s response was “no”, so she says under her breath, “men”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Fabulous. I've never heard her do an aside like that. Love it.

      Delete
  5. Also, Zoe and I loved borrowing your stained glass Azul game! We couldn’t just play one game at a time. We each took turns winning, so no strange smells in the room. ;0)
    Thank you for letting us enjoy your board game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. How did you find it compared to the other two versions. I think Rebecca and I like Summer Palace a lot. I get too crabby and competitive with the original one, so we pick something else to play.

      Delete
  6. My dad is the one who taught me cribbage and he's the one who taught me the word skunked and what it meant. His life and my life added together is 157 years. Thank you Doral for teaching me what it is really like to be skunked.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.