Sunday, April 18, 2021

Things we Love About Arta: Number 25 Still In Venice

 We walked all over Venice many times. Venice is a place where one can walk from one side of it to the other walking over bridges and along the canals.

Standing in St. Marks Square.
Just one of the unique shops full of Venetian artifacts.
Here we are leaving Venice, taking in the sights from the balcony.

Here we are sailing be St. Marks Square. Our Airbnb was right near St. Marks.
Each canal usually has a least one side of it that has stairs and a walkway or bridge connecting it to another canal.

2 comments:

  1. I was only ever in Venice once: with Bonnie back in 1985! It was back in the day when you could develop your film as photos or slides... but film was expensive. and so i think we mostly bought postcards instead of taking photos. My brain has inscribed on it the tiled walls and floors of St. Mark's, covered with biblical stories both familiar and unfamiliar. I think often of what visual literacy meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember this well. I was stuck in grade 7 and knew that I should have been travelling with you and Bonnie around Europe the whole time. Now that I have taught grade 7, it has only been confirmed that I should have been travelling with the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.