Friday, May 1, 2020

Eighty Memories for Eighty Years: #73 LaRue

... standing on LaRue's land, looking toward the narrows ...
LaRue is a small land holding company, a gem that sparkles for me in the sunlight, one that I hold close to me in the darkness.

On Doral Pilling’s death, I was one of the directors and then officers entrusted to pay the bills and nurture LaRue’s structure.

The act was mutual; LaRue nurturing me, teaching me how to both love the land and to take care of the environment.

I can’t imagine my life without this ongoing concern. Now it has its own blog spot and facebook page and has expanded its shareholder base.

A going concern.

My LaRue.

Our LaRue.

2 comments:

  1. So many memories associated with learning how to caregive to a corporation, how to think about fiduciary duties, and accounting, and investing (in relationships, not just economics). thanks for showing me what it means t care about the history of a corporate entity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to caring for LaRue. She could have a book written about her on her own, about her journey since 1964. Four more years and she will have reached 60. Doing pretty well for an old girl!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.