Wednesday, May 20, 2020

When are eyes not eyes?

The Jokiest Joking Riddle Book
Zoe and I do Facetime together. 

Today she was reading to me from a new book that Wyona bought here.  The Jokiest Joking Riddle Book.

Here are some of the riddles that are heard from her.

What kind of hair is the hottest?
Answer: Sideburns

When are eyes not eyes?
Answer: When the pollen in the air makes them water.

How many feet in a yard?
Answer: Depends on how many people are standing in the yard.

I thought all of her jokes were funny and asked her if she reads them to Brandy Shortridge's children.

Wyona answered for Zoe.  These jokes are too hard. 

I hadn't really thought of that -- jokes do require a certain level of word play that small  develop, but that they don't have innately.

Zoe sent me a picture of her holding the book.  You can buy it at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.