Saturday, May 9, 2020

Kalina and Arta's Birthdays

Happy Birthday to Arta from
Shuswap!   Today we had a Covid Birthday party for Kalina Oldham and Arta. This is Arta's cake. There were 18 of us here, four tables for four families. Somehow Moiya and Dave never sat alone at their table but they did the happy thing and walked around visiting others. We sang Happy Birthday to both and I think Moiya took a video. Miranda and children were here with us.

I have to say it was really weird to sit at a table with just one's own family. Greg guarded the hot dog and s'more fire. The party went on until dark. Your party was so fun Arta!
Love always,
Wyona

4 comments:

  1. I love sharing my birthday with someone I love. Yes to more fun, more people, more tables, more celebrations even though we are in a hard time.

    The cake is amazing. That beautiful woman with flounces on a skirt, and sitting on a pedestal. And I was looking at the beverage. If it was chocolate milk, then that would be the best to go with the s'mores. I am pretty sure Greg's fire would have been just right, and that after one hot dog, I would have wanted two, except for the cake the marshmallows coming up which might have held me back.

    We are going to do this next year, Kalina. Enjoy our next trip around the sun. And thanks for the birthday song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a party. Wish the LAKE crew could have joined the Zoom fun. A video tribute is now posted above on the blog, along with a digital version of Happy Birthday.

    The cake looked delicious. Wish I could have had a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Kalina. Do you remember what you were thinking when that picture was taken? I might have been thinking about the icing on the cakes and looking for a spot where I could sneak in a taste of icing without it being obvious I had stuck my finger in the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were there candles on any of the tables at Kalina's party? And thanks to the pre-crew. I heard there were buckets of warm soapy water and cloths and people under 10 washing down the chairs for the party. Wyona said that 30 minutes of work from them saved her two full days of work doing that task alone.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.