Thursday, May 28, 2020

Richard Misses his Kids

... Alice, Betty and Richard on a Shuswap Trail walk ...
Richard was wondering which is the better parenting split – to be working in the city from 7 am to 7 pm, or tending the kids near the forest and the water 24 hours a day.

A hard call.

He said that every year, what he knows about parenting changes.

Last year he had a 7, 5 and 3 year old. Now he has an 8, 6 and 4 year old but there doesn’t seem to be any carry-over.

Each child is in a new age and what worked for one four year old, isn’t working with another.
and speaking of love
... a forester leaves a love note on the trail ...

He is still on a high parenting curve.

Every year, he says, he learns something about an age group he thought he had nail, but now there is something new that he hadn't anticipated.

Only one thing seems to be unchanged, he says.

The sooner that a parent learns that having children is just like living with a very messy room mate, the sooner good parenting can start.

Arta

9 comments:

  1. Just wait until they are teenagers! Years ago a friend told me that parenting teenagers is like trying to nail Jello to a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell people that parenting the teens are the most fun. Adult minds. They can use logic. They only needed me for food and water, for they can pretty well think on their own. For me, my favourite time of parenting. Still, your friends description applies. Trying to get them on the path of my choosing, just didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. i am going to remember "nailing jello to a tree"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to change UNKNOWN to someone we know, to give attribution to such a good comment, even if it was just passed on. My guess is Ria, but sometimes Jane Scoville is a silent reader.

    Jello! Such a fabulous product. Remember when we would make it but only put in 1/2 of the water called for and put it in pan. Then I could cut it into fingers that you could hold. Still, couldn't nail to a tree, but it came out like a nice little floppy worm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and with a layer that had cognitive cream in it or something like that!?

      Delete
    2. Ha ha... Auto correct. I meant coconut cream. But I kinda like cognitive cream....

      Delete
    3. Tell me more. What did I make with a layer of coconut cream?

      Delete
  5. Hi Ria. I am missing you. But as you can see I am doing as you told me to do -- writing my heart out.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.