Sunday, May 24, 2020

Elk Steaks

I took some elk hamburger out of the freezer and some elk steaks. Both belong to Richard, but he is sharing. I made chili with the elk hamburger – so delicious, but only to me for I not only put in chili, but I have a spice from the Indian Grocery Store called Hot Chili. I am the only one in my house who can tolerate the heat, so I get to eat all of the chili.

I asked Richard how to cook the steak. He said first marinate it, and then he rattled off a recipe that sounded about 90% right to me. I decided to go to get a recipe from the internet, and in about 3 days I was ready to marinate that steak.

... starting again to thaw some of Richard's elk ...
I carefully measured out the ingredients, used a whisk to get everything together, and then pulled out a plastic ziplock bag for the 2 to 24 hours of marinating.

Not wanting to have any spills I went to get the steak out of the fridge, next.

They were gone.

Two packages of elk steak is not something I would misplace. Today I asked Richard, where did those elk steaks go? He said, “Oh I came over to eat them with you but you were sleeping. I pan fried them, got a nice crust on both sides, sliced it in fine pieces, then finished it off a bit more and you were still asleep. So I ate it all.”

I guess they were his to start with.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something Richard would do. I guess you'll need to get two more steaks out to marinate. Don't forget to put a note on them in the fridge saying "if you are going to pan fry these, please share with Arta."

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.