Sunday, May 24, 2020

Just a taste of Reese Puffs please

Mati came downstairs with a half-opened brown paper box from Amazon.com saying he was sorry he had ripped it open.

It had been delivered and he hadn’t looked at the label. He could tell from the contents that it wasn’t his.

I thought that the package was my fitbit watch strap I have been looking for in the mail. I think twice the approximated delivery time has passed now so I have been expecting a package.

“No,” he said, "the package wasn’t for me, it was for someone else on the street."  I opened the box: a couple of packages of Reese Puffs, made with real Reese’s Peanut Butter, the package went on to say.

Who just orders 2 small chocolate bars?

I said to Mati, we have 2 choices. We can either eat them or see if we can tape the package closed and put it in the mailbox along our street where it should go. I figured out the number was 2431, which would be right next door. I wrote a long note, attached it to the package, explaining how this had happened and Mati just put it in the mailbox next door.

Within thirty minutes Mati was back downstairs, this time with a note from the neighbour. The neighbour said if he had read that note 5 seconds before, then he wouldn’t have torn open the package which he was now giving to Mati – some electric chords Mati had ordered. And there was also a Reece’s Puff in the package, I guess a peace offering.

The UPS man must have had two packages in his hands and just switch the houses where he was delivering them to, since both men had received electronic notice that their package was at the door.

I can say this is a new way to meet your neighbour.

Arta

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.