Thursday, May 14, 2020

First walk in the forest

Naomi, Betty, Michael and I decided to go check out the beautiful path through the forest that David Pilling and Greg Bates have been maintaining.

Here we are setting off from Arta's house.


Along the way, we said hello to Greg, Wyona and Zoe who were all out Gardening.  Piper and Landon were on the bikes, so we got to say hi to them as well. We passed David and Shauna's house and then... into the woods.

This "going up the hill" looks like we are going "down the hill".
We rarely see this stream so full of water!
Don't  you just want to bend over, cup your hand in and take a drink?
So refreshing, and a frozen hand!
An ache right up to the elbow.

Michael decided we should go up the hill at the stream, so when the path ended -- a quick photo shoot.


Then we followed as Betty skipped down the hill.


Betty -- 4 years old -- her socks are matching.
Hard to believe since I know she choose them herself!

In the forest we found some great mushroom and fungus growing.



Can't wait for our next adventure in the woods.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next adventure, either. I love Betty skipping down the path. And smart Michael, staying completely covered up in case he runs into a swarm of bugs, which of course, won't be there until the summer.

    I love the picture of you by the stream, Naomi, a stream that is familar to me.

    And how did people stop from picking or at least kicking the mushrooms. They are such a good target for the toe, but such a texture surprise on my hands, no matter how many times I pick them.

    I need walking sticks for this path. I was just reading in my exercise book, that it is time for me to do simple walks. This is one that I am looking forward to. Thanks for the photoshoot and the text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I studied these pictures so long that I am seeing Naomi has one flourescent, neon pink shoe lace in one shoe and not in the other! What good costuming that would be in a movie ... and in real life.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.