Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Happy Eightieth Birthday to me

at 17
I am wearing a shirt I made in Home Economics.
I was sick of that material by time I wore the shirt.
I had a calm birthday, alone at home, happy that my “eighty-posts -in-eighty-days-preceding-my-birthday” project was finished.

About 7 pm Catherine called to say hello, but when I accepted the invitation to her Zoom meeting, there were all of the families that I love, both wishing me happy birthday, having a 6 minute slide show for me, all wearing scarves, wearing necklaces and eating ice cream and all of them telling one nice thing about me – one of our family traditions at birthdays.

I had my dream birthday at that moment.

There is nothing more I could have wished for.

As well, I thought that I was going to eat ice cream that night alone, a cone, just a cone, I thought, requesting Richard to bring home the best flavour he could find at the store.

at 70
I am wearing a new silk scarf
that i have bought in Camden Market
He went to Costco, instead, picking out one of every novelty they sell.

That would be the Oreo Sandwich, large size ($15.99); So Delicious, Salted Caramel Filling ($8.99), Haagen Dags ($14.89, StroopWaffle ($12.99,); Kirkland Ice Cream Bars, Vanilla Almond ($14.99); and MEGA Sandwich ($14.99).

“I can hardly wait to help you make your way through all of this ice-cream,” he said as he placed the six large boxes on my island.

I was laughing so hard.

“Surprise.  Not quite what I expected”, I said, pulling out just enough for the freezer in my fridge and having him take the rest out to to the garage.

My birthday has gone past, now.
at 80
I am checking out a new gold barrette
I have purchased on-line.

Richard, Mati, Sumin, Sumarga and I are working our way though the ice cream confections.

Last night as I eating yet another bar, I was trying out the Salted Caramel So Delicious Bar. I remarked to Richard, “Look at this label – 'no dairy'. I haven’t seen an ice cream bar like that before.”

“I don’t think I could have bought that if I had looked at the label carefully,” he said.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.