Thursday, May 14, 2020

Mary Cleans the Cabin

The children wonder what is the protocol:  bury the bird,
take it into the woods, leave it out for the scavengers,
put it in the composts, leave it by the side of the compost
for the raccoon whom we know is near by.

Or as Alice wanted to do, just arrange flowers around it.
Mary speaking: 

Rhiannon, Naomi and I went to Lot 4 where we discovered a woodpecker who had gotten into the cottage but couldn’t get out.

We discovered this a few days too late.

It was dead. We took it outside, a Northern Flicker. Betty, Alice and Michael came over to look at it.

Then my family went back into lean the bird poop. We swept and mopped the floors in the living room and kitchen. Then I released the girls from work, I was having so much fun that I stayed and swept and mopped 3 or the 4 bedroom and set up the beds. Now I have the bathroom left today and another bedroom.

A few days earlier and
Alice could have saved this Northern Flicker.
The 2 families, Doral & Anita, and Richard & Miranda, have done so much work to bring that cabin up to a spot where it is livable. It is just perfect. I know that there is so much work they did that no one will never know since that cottage has been empty so long.

I have never been so happy in my life cleaning.

The cabin seems so much smaller than when I was a child.

Especially the roof. Maybe because I am bigger, the roof seems smaller.

What a blessing it was for 4 families to live there in the past.

Watercolour by Wyona Bates
As a child I had no clue how much work was going on around me to make that happen. Just no clue.

Now I am going to move deck furniture up onto Arta’s place and then get back to Richard & Miranda’s cabin for more happy cleaning. Right now we are very happy living in Doral & Anita’s place.


Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.